For your listening pleasure.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 4, 2010

When your sad/sick, make your table pretty

So. As promised. Here is a little more positive post. Yesterday was bad. But today, the sun is shining, I can now breath through my nose and life just looks better. Still no word on a reception site, but I'm praying. Hard. 

Yesterday, I was overwhelmed and decided I just needed to not worry about wedding stuff. So I went to Jo Ann's and got some fun fabric and made a reversible spring/summer table runner. I, in no way, claim to be an expert sewer like mama Malone or my sister who, BTW, has her own dress Etsy company, the Live Lovely Dress Shop. But I can sew a mean rectangle. Lucky for my table, a rectangle is all it took to make it beautiful :) Here is a little step-by-step for ya. 


So first, you'll want to cut your two fabrics to be the same desired width and length



Then place one on top of the other with the patterns facing in and pin around the edges of three sides



Take a break to eat some homemade pizza :) You deserve it. 



Then sew around three sides (two long and one short)



Cut the excess fabric off the sides. Flip the table runner right side out and sew up the open end (sorry, no picture because I forgot to take one : / ). 

 

Reset your table :)



And in a few months just flip it over for some summer lovin'. 






No comments:

Post a Comment