For your listening pleasure.....


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tilapia and fried potatoes



A little over three and a half years ago when David and I started dating, he made it his goal to, 1. Make me his bride, and 2. Get me to like seafood. Well my friends. It has happened. I am David's wife. And I occasionally (sometimes more than occasionally) really love a piece of fish. 

Last night for dinner I actually made the meal that I have, for so many years, despised. Tilapia. And, if I do say so myself, it was quite tasty. 


Don't let this face fool you. He enjoyed it. He just doesn't enjoy getting his picture taken mid-bite :)

Ingredients:

1 large sweet onion
1 green pepper
3 potatoes (Yes. David and I, between the two of us ate three ENTIRE potatoes. Is that bad?)
3-4 tablespoons of garlic butter
A whole lot of olive oil
1 lb of tilapia fillets (if you are making it for two people)
Zatarans Seasoned Fish Fry Breading Mix


Directions:

1. Slice the onion, green pepper and potatoes. 

2. Melt garlic butter in a skillet. Add the onion and green pepper. Saute. 

3. Fill your frying pan with about a 1/4-1/2 inch of olive oil. Place the potatoes in the skillet and fry 'em up. Make sure to stir them from time to time so the ones on the bottom don't get scorched while the ones on the top are not cooked enough. 

4. Wet each fish fillet with some water and place it on a plate of the breading mix to coat the fillet on each side. 

5. After the potatoes are done frying, transfer them to a serving plate with a paper towel on the bottom to absorb the extra oil. Season with Nature's Seasoning (or salt and pepper). Keep the oil you used for the potatoes to fry the fish in. 

6. Once the onion and the pepper are nice and soft/slightly browned take them off the skillet and place in a serving bowl. 

7. Place fish in the potato frying pan and let it sizzle away. (I don't have a picture to show of the fish frying process because I was too busy yelling, "Oh no Oh no. Their burning, their BURNING!!!!") So make sure you keep an eye in those little babies. Because they burn QUICK!

8. Once they are just slightly crispy and the inside is no loner pink, remove from the oil and place on the dinner plate. Squirt some lemon juice on top (or lime juice if you are David). 

Serve up some potatoes and give a good portion of the onions and peppers on top. 

Enjoy!!!





1 comment:

  1. maybe i can try this one on Ben since he doesn't like seafood either!

    ReplyDelete